Travel Tips for the Coronavirus Outbreak
As the outbreak of COVID-19 continues, our customer service group is receiving many questions from travelers regarding the effect of the virus on their tour plans. In this article, we provide you with health pointers to follow earlier than, during and after your trip.
Traveling at some point of the Corona Virus Outbreak
For the time being, the World Health Organization (WHO) has advised against the application of travel or trade restrictions to countries with COVID-19 outbreaks.
For the time being, the World Health Organization (WHO) has advised in opposition to the software of travel or alternate regulations to nations with COVID-19 outbreaks.
Before your trip
General recommendations to follow before you tour:
- Travelers must ideally set up an appointment with their health professional earlier than their trip.
- Make sure that you have updated medical health insurance for the country you are visiting. If you are journeying in Europe check if you can apply for a European Health Insurance Card.
- Travelers who take medication often or belong to vulnerable companies need to allow plenty of time to prepare ahead in their trip.
- Check the situation in the country you are visiting and get up to date health tips.
- Contact our customer support group for up-to-date information for your trip.
During your trip
If you are traveling to areas with ongoing network transmission of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly, especially after coughing or sneezing, before and after coping with and ingesting food. Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose together with your bent elbow or a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in a bin right now and wash your hands.
- Avoid meat products (specifically raw or undercooked meat) and animal markets.
- Avoid contact with folks that present symptoms of breathing disease (fever, cough, respiratory difficulties) or keep away from touch with other people in case you have signs and symptoms.
- The use of facemasks for personal protection is normally no longer endorsed if you are not sick. If making a decision to apply a mask (or if it is a demand at your destination), ensure that you continue to apply all of the recommended precautions so that you can minimize the threat of transmission.
- In case you expand signs (fever, cough, shortness of breath) name the National Public Health Organization (for Greece: 1135, 210-5212000, 210-5212054) and describe your signs and symptoms and your journey history.
After your trip
After your return from areas with presumed ongoing network transmission of COVID-19:
- Monitor your fitness closely for 14 days.
- If you increase a fever and/or respiratory symptoms which include shortness of breath or cough inside 14 days after your return, you have to stay at home and get in touch with a health practitioner or the public health business enterprise mentioning your recent trip.
For extra data and travel advice concerning the COVID-19, you could go to the up to date WHO recommendations.
Traveling ought to be a amusing and carefree experience. In situations like these, it's our obligation to guard ourselves and other travelers. If you've got any questions about your upcoming ferry trip do not hesitate to contact us.